Cottesmore Golf and Country Club
Cottesmore Golf and Country Club contains one 18-hole golf course and one 9-hole course:
- The Griffin provides an interesting challenge for good golfers, with narrow fairways and several water holes. It hosted the Sussex Open in 2006-7. Green fees are £34 on Mondays to Thursdays and £36 on Fridays to Sundays (£24 and £28 respectively if starting late in the day).
- The Phoenix is shorter and easier — and cheaper, both in terms of green fees (18 holes: £18 on weekdays and £20 at weekends; 9 holes: £14 on weekdays and £16 at weekends) and the reduced likelihood of losing golf balls.
Prices quoted are correct as of April 2016. Rounds can be booked by phone on 01293 861777.
There is a variety of membership options, including (prices correct as of April 2016):
- 7-day membership: £1210 per annum.
- 5-day membership: £979 per annum.
- Junior membership: from £77 per year.
For membership enquiries, phone 01293 528256. Members of Cottesmore Golf Club benefit from free and reduced-price access to the dozens of other courses in the UK, France and Spain that are part of the Crown Golf empire.
As well as golf, the club offers bars, restaurants, conference facilities, a swimming pool, tennis courts, and a gym. Wireless internet access is available in the members’ bar. Beauty treatments are provided by Purelife Solutions.
Cottesmore Golf and Country Club contains a putting green, a professional’s shop, and a sizeable free car park.
The grounds also contain 7 two-bedroomed holiday cottages in the style of Norwegian lodges, each sleeping up to 4 people and equipped with en-suite bathrooms, flatscreen TVs, washing and drying facilities, car parking and internet access. Residents have use of the club’s facilities.
Location and Directions
The club is situated just off Forest Road on the western edge of the village, one mile from Colgate:
From the M23 and A23, take the A264 towards Horsham. At the Faygate roundabout, take the first exit (left) towards Colgate. At the end of this road, turn left. Cottesmore Golf Club is about one mile along on your left.
From Horsham, follow the signs to Roffey. Go through Roffey and Colgate, and the club is about one mile along on your left.
More Golf in Pease Pottage
Pease Pottage used to contain the Fairway Golf Driving Range on Horsham Road, which included the Right-Sided Golf Academy. Both closed down some time in 2011, and late in 2015 building commenced on a new housing estate. Nine holes of Cottesmore’s Phoenix course were closed down in 2014; perhaps they too may end up as a housing estate.
- 01293 528256
- Buchan Hill, Pease Pottage, Sussex, RH11 9AT