Driving Test Centre
Learner drivers from a large part of West Sussex take their driving tests at the driving test centre in Pease Pottage. The centre is operated by the Driving Standards Agency, and covers tests for:
- car licences
- motorcycle licences
- taxi licences
Driving Test Waiting Lists and Route Maps
Waiting times for driving tests vary, but are typically:
- cars — 3 to 7 weeks
- taxis — 2 to 4 weeks
The driving test centre is in the Pavilions, a collection of single-storey buildings more or less opposite Bridges car scrap yard on Brighton Road:
Other Driving Test Centres in Sussex and Surrey
The next nearest driving test centres to Pease Pottage are in Burgess Hill and Reigate.
Learning to Drive: Further Information
- The gov.uk website includes a large amount of information about driving tests: https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/learning-to-drive
- You can apply for a provisional licence by picking up form D1 at a main post office.
- The theory and practical tests for a car licence cost about £100 in total.
- The Crawley free online directory contains a comprehensive list of driving instructors and driving schools in Crawley.
- no email
- phone number not available
- Unit 2, The Pavilions, Brighton Road, Pease Pottage, Sussex, RH11 9BJ