Images of Pease Pottage
The majority of these photographs were taken in the late 1980s and early 1990s, but there is now a selection of images of Pease Pottage in the big freeze of January 2010.
Click on a thumbnail image to start a slideshow. You can move between images by clicking ‘previous’ or ‘next’ on the image, or by pressing ‘P’ or ‘N’, or by using the left and right arrow keys.
Pease Pottage, Wednesday 6 January 2010
Using These Images
All the images in this gallery are made available under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike licence, which means that you may use these images for any purpose, whether personal or commercial, provided you:
- attribute the images by including a link to this website;
- share in the same way by applying a similar licence to any works based on these images.
The full legal code of the licence is available at the Creative Commons website.
Other Photographs of Pease Pottage
- The Francis Frith website contains 10 photographs taken in the 1950s: nine of Woodhurst and one of Tilgate Forest Row: www.francisfrith.com/peas-pottage/ (note the old spelling of the name).
- Your Local Web contains some more recent pictures of the village.
- Handcross Over the Years, a book by the late Roger Ray, includes many old photographs of Pease Pottage and the surrounding villages. The book was published in 1991, presumably by the author, because no publisher is mentioned. Its ISBN is 0 9518697 0 1.
- Barry Ray, son of Roger, has established the Slaugham Archives website, which contains a large number of photographs of Pease Pottage over the last century or more. Well worth a visit!