Handcross Park School
Handcross Park School is a private nursery and preparatory school. It currently has about 300 children aged between 2 and 13 as boarders or day pupils.
The school was established in Handcross in 1968, taking over from a school in Hurstpierpoint that had been damaged by fire. That school’s claim to fame was that one of its headmasters was the father of the actor Paul Scofield.
Handcross Park School is available as a venue for weddings and other occasions.
Handcross Park covers 50 acres, mostly given over to sports fields and gardens. The school also contains:
- a music school with individual practice rooms
- a swimming pool
- a computer suite with internet access
Various options are available, with boarding costing between £4k and £5.4k per term.
The main entrance to Handcross Park School is located directly opposite Handcross County Primary School:
Other Local Schools
- Cottesmore School, a private school in Pease Pottage
- Handcross County Primary School, the local primary school
- Crawley Forest School, a school for children with behavioural problems, in Pease Pottage (which closed early in 2011)
- 01444 400526
- London Road, Handcross, near Haywards Heath, Sussex, RH17 6HF